Friday, January 30, 2009

Health Food 3 - Healthy Steam Almond Cake

Today is a special day for me. It is the day I am born...haha and that happened to be long time ago. Anyway, who cares, age is but a number.

Happy Birthday to myself. Wishing all my wishes will come true.

My sister will be steaming me an Almond cake. Yes, steaming.. not baking.

Here is the recipe:
Steam Almond Cake
Ingredients
250gm Butter
250gm Brown Sugar
4 bigs eggs
1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence
300g plain flour
1tsp sodium Bicarbonate
250gm Diced Almond flakes

Method:
1) Mix the butter and brown sugar well with medium speed.
2) Add one egg at a time to the mixture, stir well.
3) Add in 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
4) Add in the sifted flour & sodium bicarbonate , mix well
5) Add in the Diced Almond Flakes and mix well.
6) Pour the mixture into a pan lined with baking plastic
7) Cover the pan with Aluminim foil.
8) Steam for 30 mins with high heat
9) Reduce to low heat and continue to steam for another 60 - 80mins.

PS: For those who are health conscious, I will strongly recommended to reduce the brown sugar from 250gm to 150gm and replaced it with dried mixed fruits like cranberries or raisins.

The cakes is perfect with a cup of green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment