Tuesday, March 10, 2009

cont'd Benefits of coffee


Today, I have an alarming discovery to read upon that coffee has such a level of antioxidant. All along, I just know it is a caffeine beverage or addictive drink. Never did I know it has such kinds of benefits.

Oh my god, I am so ignorant!

Well, to continue our discussion on coffee...

A recent Pennsylvania study found that coffee offer the no.1 source of antioxidant in the U.S diet. The study include tea, coffee, cocoa & other foods.

The show an average U.S adult consume ~1300mg antioxidant daily from coffee than any dietary source, while 294mg from tea, follow by ~ 80mg from Bananas, ~70mg from dry beans & ~50mg for Corn.

Question here is can we totally depend coffee for our antioxidant source? The answer is no as coffee do not offer any fibers as a beverage. Hence, the more we should continue to get our nutrients and fibers from the fruits and vegetables.

More health benefits and information about coffee...

Coffee contains Tannin and antioxidant which is beneficial to the arteries and heart. It is good for liver, can prevent gallstones, improve blood circulation, cut down asthma. Other incredible benefits of drinking coffee regularly include risk of developing Parkinson disease, reduce risk in colon cancer and a decrease live cirrhosis.

If all the benefits that I read is true, then I won't really mind to get addicted by this alluring drink, .... hahaha...I am really glad that I have done my research..

No comments:

Post a Comment