Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Black Sesame Dessert

Ahhhhhhhh.....grey hairs....

As I was combing my hair I was devastated to see strands of grey hair popping out around the fringe. They say it is a representation of wisdom. To me, I think it is just consolation statements. Sob, sob....

Whether your wisdom grow or not, I would prefer my black than grey hair.

My mum have said black sesame seeds will help to maintain and regain the blackness of the hair. Is it true? Nevertheless, I am going to try it and have a bowl of black sesame paste today.

For those who are interested, I have the recipe which you can try it at home. It is nice with thick and flavorful texture.



Ingredients:

1 cup rice (long grain or short grain)
1 cup black sesame seeds
1/2 cup water
7 - 8 cups water, depending on how thick or thin you want the soup
1/2 cup granulated sugar / Chinese Rock sugar

Preparation:

1. Soak the rice in cold water for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Toast the black sesame seeds in a frying pan on medium low heat for 1 - 2 minutes, until they are fragrant and the pan begins to smoke. Remove and cool.
3. Grind the sesame seeds in a blender until they are fully ground and the sesame smell is very fragrant. Add 1/2 cup water and grind briefly until the mixture forms a grayish paste.
4. Bring the soaked rice and water to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium and add the sesame paste mixture, stirring.
5. Stir in the sugar. The soup is ready when the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is starting to thicken (5 - 8 minutes). Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment