Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rice Porridge, Congee



Today, I am looking forward to a bowl of steaming hot rice porridge with small little dishes like peanuts, omelette. Simple yet fulfilling and satisfying.

It may not catch the eye of many and may even feel it is dull for a meal, but believe me...it is always refreshing to have something that is not too heavy and comfortable for your stomach after a day of pizza and cocktail. At times, I will go for this simple meal to detox myself.

Simple meal can only be appreciated at time when you do not have appetite or when you have a heavy meal the previous day. In olden day, people do not have the luxury of having big fish or meats. They do not enjoy themselves with all these delicacies and yet they live to a life to the eighties, nineties and many to a hundred without much complain of aged ailments...why? I guess, it is high time we have to start to set our mind to think about it. Rather than popping in all the health supplements, vitamins, minerals and so on so fro...

To me, I think simple life, simple meal and a happy mind with exercise is a way to longevity.

Do you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment